We offer several technologies for film-making and still photography.
At the core of Satellite Lab is precise synchronization of strobe lighting to camera, enabling the following:
Moving light sources
A patented system which enables the use of moving light sources within footage captured at any speed, including the frozen world of high speed imaging.
• Control the speed of the light relative to the action (Acceleration, deceleration — time ramping to / from real time and time-lapse).
• Light sources can be moved on any path
(Straight line, curve, and / or multiple paths)
• Light sources can illuminate in any pattern
(randomly, in sequence, in a prescribed formation)
Multiple lighting set-ups captured simultaneously
Each lighting scenario is acquired as a separate plate, which can be combined in post for creative or technical flexibility and efficiency.
Can be used to shoot the following live action / motion as separate
• Key, fill and edge lighting for relighting control in post.
• Blue-screen lighting and main scene lighting.
• Different creative lighting set-ups, such as day lighting and night lighting.
•Key lighting and VFX lighting for tracking or effect.
Video + Stills simultaneously
Provides the ability to shoot video and stills simultaneously, (including stills with strobe) without lighting from one impacting the other.
Can be used for:
• Reduce equipment and time required to capture video and stills of the same content.
• Adding a stills photographer using strobe to a video/film set or vice versa.
• High speed video and high resolution stills simultaneously.
• Behind the scenes capture not impacting main shoot.